Email Marketing Triggers
Studios now have the ability to automate sophisticated, event-driven notifications and marketing messages using the customer filters outlined below. This targeted communication can be sent to emails associated with galleries or prepay events.
There are two pre-built email triggers in your account that are disabled by default. Feel free to modify and enable these triggers or delete them and build your own triggers from scratch.
Examples of event-driven notifications include:
- An ordering reminder to customers who have not made an online purchase 3 days after a gallery or prepay event is created.
- An email sent to parents one day before school picture day reminding them or order.
- An email sent to students reminding them to select a yearbook pose before an approaching deadline.
- An email reminding customers to order before a free shipping cutoff date.
- An email letting customers know about an upcoming Makeup or Retake Day.
- An email trigger will only run once per day. For example, you set up an email trigger to run at 10 am. At 11 am, you decide that you want to change the time for the email trigger to 3 pm. Since the email trigger already ran at 10 am, the email trigger will not run at 3 pm.
- A maximum of 10 triggered emails can be set up within a single SimplePhoto account. This restriction is subject to change.
How to Set up Email Triggers
- From your SimplePhoto Dashboard, click Marketing and then Email Triggers.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Add button.
- Enter an identifiable name in the Label field for the new trigger such as “Picture Day Reminder” or “Yearbook Pose Deadline.”
- In the Days field, enter a number of days that you would like the email to be sent before or after the Trigger Date.
- Select the Before or After checkbox. If Before is selected, then emails will be sent X days before the trigger date. If After is selected, then emails will be sent X days after the trigger date.
- Choose the Trigger Date, which will trigger the email to be sent.
- Creation: This is the date a gallery or prepay event is created.
- Event Trigger 1: Picture day: This date can be set inside a prepay event control panel. Note: To create a new prepay event, visit the How to Create a Prepay Event help page.
- Event Trigger 2: Makeup/retake day: This date can be set inside an image gallery or prepay event control panel.
- Folder Trigger 1: Yearbook Pose deadline: This date can be set in the folder control panel for image galleries. To change this date, navigate to the Folder Control Panel for the applicable galleries and click Edit Folder.
- Folder Trigger 2: Free shipping cutoff/Late fee deadline: This date can be set in the folder control panel for image galleries. To change this date, navigate to the Folder Control Panel for the applicable galleries and click Edit Folder.
- NOTE: additional trigger dates can be enabled inside folder, gallery or event control panels by navigating to General Marketing Settings and checking the box next to Show Additional Trigger Dates.
- Select the Event Type.
- All: The triggered email will be sent to all prepay events and image galleries.
- Prepay: The triggered email will be sent only to prepay events.
- Reorder: The triggered email will be sent only to image galleries associated with regular/reorder price lists.
- Under Email Source, select the source where email addresses will be pulled from for the triggered email.
- All: All email addresses that you import, are pulled from your guestbook, or are submitted by a customer for an order, will be included in the triggered email.
- Imported: The triggered email will be sent only to email addresses that you import with your job or manually. Please see our help file to manually Import Emails.
- Guestbook: The triggered email will be sent only to email addresses added through your Guestbook feature. To learn more about the Guestbook feature, Click Here.
- Checkout: The triggered email will be sent only to email addresses collected at customer checkout.
- Under Gallery/Event Filter, select the type of customer who will receive the triggered email based on their order status.
- All: All customers will be targeted by this triggered email.
- No order placed in SimplePhoto: Only customers who have not placed an order in your SimplePhoto account will be targeted by this triggered email.
- Order placed in SimplePhoto: Only customers who have placed an order in your SimplePhoto account will be targeted by this triggered email.
- No yearbook pose selection: Only customers who have not selected a yearbook pose will be targeted by this triggered email.
- Select an existing Email Template. Please see our help file for setting up Email Templates and Email Triggers Based on Price Lists, if applicable.
- Select the Delivery Time that you would like your email to be sent. The timezone for the delivery time can be updated inside the Photographer Information screen. Visit the Timezone help page for more information.
- If you would like this email trigger to be enabled immediately, check the Enabled checkbox.
- Click Save when finished.