Add Green Screen Backgrounds
Green Screen Background selections are added to Lab Products. Photographers who are SimplePhoto members with one of our partner labs will need to work with our support team or their lab to have background selections added to lab products. Photographers who self-fulfill and are not connected with one of our partner labs may follow the instructions below for setting up green screen backgrounds in the SimplePhoto 2.0 shopping cart.
When Green Screen Background options are present in a SimplePhoto 2.0 price list, customers are able to simultaneously preview their Green Screen images on different backgrounds and choose the background choice that will be added to their shopping cart.
Instructions for setting up Green Screen Backgrounds in SimplePhoto 2.0:
- Click Price Lists at the top of your Dashboard and then click the blue Lab Products Link.
- Either Add a new Product Group or click Edit Products next to an existing Product Group.
- Click Add Product and enter the Product Name “Green screen," or something similarly recognizable, and click Finish.
- Click Options next to the lab product you just created, and then click Add Option.
- Enter an Option Name, like "Background Selection," select Green screen Backgrounds from the drop-down menu, check required if you would like to require customers to select a background before checking out, and then click Finish.
- Click the Upload Background Images button at the bottom of the option group edit screen.
- Choose the desired Upload Behavior:
- If Uploaded images generate new options is chosen, a new option item will be generated for each background uploaded. Options will be added in the order in which background images are uploaded. (you will most likely use this option)
- If Uploaded images are added to existing options with empty background images is chosen, background images will be added to the existing option items that have empty background images.
Your images will be uploaded in the order they are selected with the image names filled in. The image name will be filled into the Title field.
To remove background images associated with option, on the Option Items edit screen, click the Remove Img checkbox next to the desired background images and then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen.
Associate the Lab Product Group to the price list you would like to add the Green Screen selection to:
- Click Price Lists at the top of your Dashboard.
- Click Edit next to the price list.
- Select the name of the Lab Product Group from the dropdown where you just created your Green Screen option. Scroll down and click Update.
Create the Green Screen selection inside your price list:
- From the Price Lists page, click Products next to the Price List you want to work with.
- Select “Required Product” from the drop-down at the top of the screen and click Add.
- Name your Product "Background Selection” (or something similar), select the Green Screen Lab Product option from the drop-down, scroll down and click Finish.
- Check the checkbox next to the Background Selection lab product and click Update to associate the green screen option to the product you just created.
- Drag the product to the top of the items in the price list and click Save Sorting Changes.