CSV Import - Queued FTP Upload Workflow
Please note that the new CSV Import FTP import processing system is in the customer testing phase, so features are subject to change.
We recommend that CSV Import customers use an FTP program like WinSCP or Filezilla to transfer folders. Please contact a support representative to receive FTP login information.
The information and features described below only apply to CSV Imports processed using the new FTP upload system, not CSV Import imports uploaded using a web browser.
Use the Integration Settings link on the SimplePhoto Dashboard to configure how CSV Import uploads are processed.
If you have not done so already, enable the checkbox next to CSV Import in the Software in use field. Click Save to see the additional settings for CSV Import users.
The FTP CSV Import upload processing setting determines how CSV Import imports are processed. If "Process automatically" is selected, uploads will be processed as soon as possible, usually within 15 minutes after the upload is complete. If "Process manually" is selected, uploads will not be processed until a studio administrator processes the job using the View Queued Imports screen in the Imports tab.
Even if you intend to process imports automatically, we recommend starting with the "Process manually" setting enabled so that you can ensure fields are mapped properly before processing imports.
Pros and Cons of different processing types
Pros - Imports are processed as quickly as possible.
Cons - You are not able to control the price list assigned to each import. Your account's default price list is assigned to all CSV Import imports. You are also not able to automatically put each uploaded job into a specific folder in SimplePhoto. All imported jobs will be added to the top-level folder.
Pros - You can set the price list and folder for each import. The View Queued Imports screen also shows the field values for the first subject in the import, allowing you to make sure field mappings are setup properly for each import.
Cons - Additional action needs to be taken in the SimplePhoto Photographer Control panel before each uploaded import is available online.
Using the "View Queued Imports" screen for import processing
- After uploads have been received, an email notification will be sent to your account's Import Notification Email Address as set in the Photographer Information settings screen.
- The View Queued Imports screen in the Imports tab shows all the unprocessed CSV imports received.
- Verify that the first gallery fields are appearing as expected for the pending imports. Change the price list and/or folder assignment for each queued import (if desired). By default, your account's default price list will be assigned to new galleries and a new top-level folder will be created for each import. If you select a folder on this screen, the new imported folder will be added as a sub-folder inside the selected folder.
- Check the checkboxes next to the desired imports and then click the Process Selected Imports button to process the queued CSV imports. The following screen may take a long time to load depending on the size of the imports. You should see a success message for every import processed.
- Click the Show processed imports link at the bottom to view a list of all processed imports. When previously processed imports are included, each import shown on the screen will have an "Already processed?" indicator.
If you don't see your CSV import in the View Queued Imports screen, please verify that the headers in your CSV file match the specifications outlined in this help file. If they do not match exactly, then your import will not be processed. Upload the corrected CSV file and the job will process again automatically. If you are sure that your CSV file matches the required specifications but you still do not see your CSV import in the View Queued Imports screen, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.