Paypal setup in SimplePhoto
- Sign up with Paypal at http://www.paypal.com
- Create a free BUSINESS account through PayPal if you have not done so already.
- Choose a Website Payments STANDARD account.
- If you see this message: "If your cart is on the list, log in to your shopping cart provider’s website and follow the instructions to add PayPal as your payment processor."... don't worry! This is referencing the setup that must be completed by SimplePhoto in order to complete the integration. Do not worry that you do not see 'SimplePhoto' in the shopping cart list. This item does not apply to this situation.
- Required Steps in PayPal:
- Verify your e-mail address.
- Add a bank account: You should add your business checking account, or the checking account to which you will be depositing your revenue. If you DO NOT add a bank account, you will not be able to access your funds. This process will take 3-4 business days.
- Lift your Limit: All PayPal accounts have a default "Limit" of $500, preventing you from withdrawing more that $500 per month from PayPal into your bank account. Refer to PayPal for information on lifting your Limit.
Obtain your PayPal “Client ID” and “Secret”:
SimplePhoto is now using a newer PayPal integration, so PayPal customers will need to obtain new credentials from PayPal called a "Client ID" and "Secret.”
Here are instructions on obtaining the necessary PayPal credentials:
- Click this link: http://developer.paypal.com/
- Click Log Into Dashboard and enter your PayPal email address and password.
- Click the Create App button found under "REST API apps."
- Type a name such as “SimplePhoto Storefront” and click the Create app button.
- You will see a Sandbox button and Live button in the upper right hand corner, to the right of your app name. Click on the Live button. You should then see heading LIVE API CREDENTIALS. (IMPORTANT: In order for your customers to check out, you must copy the Live credentials and NOT the Sandbox credentials.)
- Copy the Client ID and Secret fields.
Complete the PayPal setup in SimplePhoto:
- Login to your SimplePhoto account. Click on the How you Collect link in the My Account section of the Dashboard.
- Copy the Client ID and Secret fields and paste them into the appropriate fields in the SimplePhoto How You Collect settings screen.
- Click the Update button.