Gallery Expiration Date & Alert
Gallery Expiration Date:
Once a gallery expires, it is removed from SimplePhoto's servers and cannot be restored. The Default Expiration Date is the number of days after a gallery is created when the gallery will expire and is typically set to 365 days. The Default Expiration Date can be customized by clicking Gallery & Event Settings under the Settings pane and entering a number of days next to Default Expiration Date. Galleries that are "Click-and-Safe" enabled will always default to an expiration date of 1 year.
SimplePhoto 2.0 Users now have the option to customize timezone and expiration/change hour. To update this information, click on the Photographer Information link under the My Account pane from your Dashboard.
Photographers can now choose a Timezone in the Photographer Information setting screen. This timezone setting determines the timezone used when calculating gallery and discount expiration, and event scheduling. Also, the time shown on customer receipts is based on the photographer's timezone setting.
The expiration/change hour would be used to determine the time of day when expirations or changes take effect. Valid values are 0 (midnight) through 23 (11pm).
Gallery Expiration Alert:
Gallery expiration alerts can be enabled in your account by clicking Gallery & Event Settings under the Settings pane and checking the checkbox labeled "On" next to Gallery Expiration Alert. If enabled, you, the photographer, will receive an email notice when galleries are going to expire.
The Primary Email Address is the email that gallery expiration notices will be sent to. The Primary Email Address can be found inside Photographer Information under the My Account pane.
Change Expiration Date for a Gallery:
- Click Galleries at the top of your Dashboard. Alternatively, you can bypass steps 1-3 by using the "Gallery Password" search box in the top right corner of your Dashboard.
- Click Folder Control Panel next to the folder containing the gallery you would like to edit.
- Click Gallery Control Panel next to the gallery you would like to edit.
- Click Edit Gallery.
- Find Expiration Date* (mm/dd/yyyy) and select a new date.
- Click Update.
Change Expiration Date for All Galleries within a Folder:
- Click Galleries at the top of your Dashboard.
- Click Folder Control Panel next to the folder of galleries you would like to edit.
- Click Edit Folder.
- Find Expiration Date and select a new date. Make sure to check the "Apply to all existing Galleries in this Folder".
- Click Update.